Health Nut. Food Lover. Self Taught Chef & Fitness Professional
My PassionSimply put, I love food. If I’m not eating, I’m thinking about eating. I love pizza, pasta, cheesecake, brownies and all that good stuff. There’s only one problem – I care a lot about my health. My passion for health has lead me to experiment in the kitchen with recipes that are good for my health and just as tasty as my favourite unhealthy foods (if not better!). I have committed my life to learning as much about health as possible and putting all that I learn into the food that I prepare.
Getting married at the age of 21 has allowed me to flourish and mature at a young age. Some people think I am crazy to be married at my age, but to tell you the truth, it doesn’t matter to me what others think! I feel so blessed to be on this journey with my lifelong partner and to get a head start on the best years of my life. Together, my husband Thomas and I have deepened our faith in Jesus Christ and have a passion for Him in everything we do. By putting our trust in Him, we have watched the blessings of God enter our lives and we are excited to see what else He has in store. Meeting Thomas and marrying him is one blessing that I am most thankful for!
There is no denying that my faith has brought tremendous healing to my body – from the inside and out. Through this faith I have discovered that my body is a temple and I need to honour it with the food that I eat. Unfortunately, health and my favourite foods don’t exactly go hand in hand, which is why I decided to experiment in my kitchen with my own “clean” cooking creations. I certainly know that I am not perfect and never will be, but I do my best to be as healthy as I can be while still maintaining a balance. Life is about finding, creating, and being the best YOU that you can be.
If you want to learn more about healthy food, recipes and growing from the inside out, then you have found the right place. Follow me on this journey and we will discover together what being “healthy” really means.
Oh, and did I mention I am in the process of writing my own cookbook?
- I have been an actress since the age of 8. I have appeared in commercials for food products that stay far from my cupboards now!
- I am a certified Personal Trainer Specialist & Fitness Instructor Specialist
- I love learning – especially about nutrition and cooking. I read cookbooks for fun and constantly watch the Food Network
- My favourite television network is the Food Channel. If I’m watching tv, I’m probably watching a cooking show! I am also guilty of watching Dr. Oz when I happen to find my bum on the couch in the late afternoon.
- A lot of my recipes come through prayer. Weird huh? Who knew you could pray and get the perfect ingredients every time!
- Sushi is one of my favourite lunches – white rice and all! I just love it and treat myself to it at least twice a month.
- I enjoy my own company. Is that weird? There’s something about sipping a hot tea and being all alone in my house or at a coffee shop. Not all of the time, but I definitely work best when I’m hanging out with me, myself and I.